NOTICE: the game is currently in Early Alpha and is freely available for people to play with. If you want to report a bug or give an idea feel free to contact me!
Steam Factory is partly a simulation, partly a tycoon game using isometric graphics. It simulates the various workings of a steam plant as well as the various machinery attached to it, while you have to focus on managing both the machinery as the factory finances, products and personnel.
The Early Alpha version 0.3 is released, check the 'Download' tab to get it.
The Workers Update:
- Workers can now be hired. If and how many workers are available for hire, and how skilled they are, depends on your reputation.
- Workers can be fired as well, if they are no longer needed for example.
- Worker schedules can be set individually, thus allowing for shifts and grouping of certain workers.
- Experience is gained by a worker while they work, there are various fields in which a worker can gain experience.
- Stamina is drained while a worker is working, if it drains too far it will affect their health.
- Workers with too low health will not come to work and may be lost, so take good care of them ;)
- New management menus for the workers.
- Tooltips for worker stats.
- Various bug fixes and minor polish.
The game is still rough around the edges and though I've done my best to test and fix bugs for this release many
oddities will still be present.
Don't hesitate to contact me on social media or through my support mail: email@example.com to report these!
You can build your factory to your liking, taking engineering, safety, costs and practicality in consideration.
You'll have to manage the various steam-powered machines as well as your workforce, finances and you have to keep your customers happy by meeting their demands.
You build up reputation, getting you bigger and more demanding orders but for an higher profit, while also unlocking better and bigger machines.
There are 4 different industries and specialisations you can gain notority in, ranging from wood and metal to textile and food, all of which you can get orders for.
Your factories can be created in multiple historical locations such as Manchester and Hengelo, in various scenarios.
This also includes a Sandbox mode in which you can go wild without restraint.
We are currently just two people strong, myself and my lovely girlfriend whom assists me with everythign creative.
This means development is a bit slow, but we are steadily reaching every milestone of development
The plan is as follows:
Versions 0.1 to 0.4 are Alpha and each version adds a different feature to the game. When we arrive at v0.5 the game should be feature-complete
From 0.5 to 0.9 the game will be in Beta and we will focus on adding all the content, balancing and polishing the game so it's a smooth bug-free experience.
There are no deadlines besides those imposed by ourselves, as this is a project we do in our free time. However this does not mean the game will never be finished!
Nothing here yet :)
As the game is still in early development these are just rough indications of what should work at minimum:
- Pentium Core2Duo or AMD equivalent
- 2GB of RAM, more if you use something like Windows 8 or 10
- 50MB harddrive space
- Decent graphics card from around 2013 with 1GB of video RAM
- DirectX 9.0c or later