The SQK-01


This was my first synthesizer project in ages and this prototype is still one of my favorite synths to use in the studio.

It uses an Arduino Mega for the controls and for the FM Synthesis. Needless to say I squeezed every clock cycle out of the poor Atmega processor but it was great fun to do so! The Arduino's output signal goes through several analog circuitry such as an VCF and distortion.

You can find the demonstration video here.

I've also made a VST plugin version which you can find here.

This page is very, very unfinished. It's all coming though, so stay tuned!





The Digital Part


There's a LOT of code in this project so I'm not going to put it -all- on this page, just snippets to go along with my explanation.

The Arduino project files can be downloaded here.

I advice you to have a look at the project files first so you can get a general idea of the structure.

Explanation will come soon!



The Analog Part




I think this is the circuit topology I used for the filter and AR envelope. My collection of schematics for the SQK-1 are a mess, so I need some time to make everything neat, updated and sorted out. I do think this could work, though I'd use 100k to 1M resistors instead of 10k on that transistor base. Op amp is powered by 12V single rail, hence the resistor-divider on the non-inverting input.




Copyright 2018 Evil Turtle Productions. All Rights Reserved.